Wednesday 26 October 2011

The Present Perfect Tense and the Simple Past Tense

EXAMPLES

Read this page first




Study and learn these verbs:
  • To Eat

 


Present
(Today)

I eat
you eat
he eats
she eats
it eats
we eat
you eat
they eat
Past Tense:
(Yesterday)

I ate
you ate
he ate
she ate
it ate
we ate
you ate
they ate




  • To Go

 


Present
(Today)

I go
you go
he goes
she goes
it goes
we go
you go
they go
Past Tense:
(Yesterday)

I went
you went
he went
she went
it went
we went
you went
they went



  • To Be

 


Present
(Today)

I am
you are
he is
she is
it is
we are
you are
they are
Past Tense:
(Yesterday)

I was
you were
he was
she was
it was
we were
you were
they were



  • To Have

 


Present
(Today)

I have
you have
he has
she has
it has
we have
you have
they have
Past Tense:
(Yesterday)

I had
you had
he had
she had
it had
we had
you had
they had

QUESTIONS

Move the examples up and down
to help you with the questions



Put these sentences into the Past Tense:

1. She eats all the chocolates.
2. They go the bus stop.
3. He goes shopping on Fridays.
4. I am happy at the weekends.
5. She is fifteen years old.
6. They are students in London.
7. I have a new bicycle.
8. Mustafa has seven old books.


Now put these sentences in the Present Tense:
1. She ate in the classroom.
2. He went to the library for a book.
3. I was bigger than the teacher.
4. Susan was faster than the boys.
5. You had pizza for lunch.
6. I had milk with my tea.
7. They went to the museum.
8. The cat ate all the chicken.


ANSWERS

These sentences are in the Past Tense:

1. She ate all the chocolates.
2. They went the bus stop.
3. He went shopping on Fridays.
4. I was happy at the weekends.
5. She was fifteen years old.
6. They were students in London.
7. I had a new bicycle.
8. Mustafa had seven old books.


These sentences are in the Present Tense:
1. She eats in the classroom.
2. He goes to the library for a book.
3. I am bigger than the teacher.
4. Susan is faster than the boys.
5. You have pizza for lunch.
6. I have milk with my tea.
7. They go to the museum.
8. The cat eats all the chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment