Sunday 30 October 2011

Exercise - present tense to past tense

Change each of the following into the past tense:

Example             Tom might be here. 
            answer: Tom here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 He must be crazy. He is selling his car for just $10.
     He crazy. He sold his car for just $10.
Correct answer: must have been

He might be able to do it.
     He to do it.
Correct answer: might have been able

I know he'll be there.
     I there.
Correct answer: knew he'd be

You should go to the doctor's.
     You to the doctor's.
Correct answer: should have gone

My car won't start.
     My car start.
Correct answer: wouldn't

He's not used to all this attention.
     He all this attention.
Correct answer: wasn't used to

Anyone could do that - it's easy.
     Anyone that.
Correct answer: could have done

I must get going. I'm late.
     I going. I was late.
 Correct answer: had to get
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment